Backwards advancement...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Backwards advancement...

I started off about seven years ago with an 81.  A couple years later,
out
popped the 85, upon which I fell in love with it.  The 92 rolled around
two
years ago, and I got one, only to be disappointed at how sluggishly it
worked.
Today I saw the 86, and all hopeful for a great leap in abilities, I got
it, only to
be horrified to find that the thing's slower than my trusty 85.  What's
with TI?
One would think that with four years of advancing technologies, they
might
actually be able to make a calculator faster, just maybe?  All the new
memory
is nice, but I never encountered any problems with the memory in my 85;
kept my programs lean and everything worked out.  If it meant paying ten

bucks more for a processor that's got a little more oomph than a
Commodore
64, I'd gladly pay the money.  As it stands, I'm just contemplating
returning
the 86, but with those @#$% plastic cases they're in, I'm not certain if
I can
return it now that it's been opened.  I think a future upgrade to the 86
design
to bring them up to at least 85 speed wouldn't be too much to ask.  In
the age
of fitting Pentiums into palmtop cases, there's no excuse for having an
underpowered calculator.

--
"Who are you voting for in the 2000 elections?"
"Prophecy says that in 2000, a beast shall come forth from the sea and