Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

Many software packages don't include VBRUNxxx.DLL with them, most people
already have them and it adds time to the downloading.  It's also common
for BRUNxxx.EXE (for QuickBasic) not to be included.

At 12:58 PM 8/4/97 -0400, Joe Davison wrote:
>Since the development team of HAL is too stupid to do this, I will do it
>for you. Attached to this message is VBRUN100.ZIP, which extracts to the
>DLL file.
>
>BTW, I have nothing to do with the HAL developers (Thank God), and
>frankly, I think they're doing an extremely poor job of releasing their
>own software. I can't believe that *I* am providing a vital piece of
>their software release!
>
>Bryan Rabeler wrote:
>>
>> Thomas J. Hruska wrote:
>>
>> > I have no clue why the writers of HAL are using a VERY old version of
>> > Visual Basic.  VBRUN100.DLL is the Dynamic Link Library required to
>> > run
>> > Visual Basic apps.  You can download it off of the internet for free
>> > (just
>> > search for the filename and you should be given a list of FTP sites).
>> > The
>> > current version of this file, though, is VBRUN300.DLL (which should
>> > come
>> > with Windows 3.1).
>> >
>> >                  Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
>> > Shining Light Productions -- "Meeting the needs of fellow programmers"
>> >
>> >          http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/8504
>> >                     http://shinelight.home.ml.org
>>
>> Actually, Visual Basic 5.0 is out so you might come accross
>> VBRUN500.DLL.  But VBRUN400.DLL would be more common.
>>
>> --
>> Bryan Rabeler
>> brabeler@ticalc.org
>> ICQ UIN # 1229209
>> WWW Pager - http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1229209
>> The Fargo Archive - http://fargo.ml.org
>> the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org
>
>--
>Joe Davison
>mailto:lithuania@geocities.com
>http://members.tripod.com/~Mario_64_World/
>Attachment Converted: "c:\program files\eudora\attach\vbrun100.zip"

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...