Re: Hal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hal

I think you're greatly wrong.  Practically every programmer for the
calculator does it for one reason, for glory, because, last time I checked,
programming for the Z80 doesn't pay well.  They ask for one thing, a
release party, and I don't blame them.  Usgard was delayed for the exact
same reason.  I think it's rather immature to not be able to wait an
additional 2-3 days for a program.

At 06:59 AM 8/1/97 -0700, Bernard Domroy wrote:
>OK, so you have this great program, Hal.  And it will allow users who are
>not great assembler programs to produce programs in assembler.  And perhaps
>there will be some motivation for programmers to write real programs, not
>games, that have better performance than would be possible in Basic.
>Finally, we might have what appears to be a very good program development
>platform.
>
>But......  Your egos are are so enormous that you won't release it until
>you can have your silly AOL party.  I think this is a real indicator of the
>maturity of the authors of this program.  Release the damn thing.  Don't
>e-mail it, put it up on Ti-calc or wherever.  At least people can start
>using it.
>
>Then, those who care, can come to your little AOL party when you have it,
>and you can have your moment of glory.  A truly mature individual
>understands that the real pride in writing a quality program comes from
>others using it rather than from a bunch of kids sitting around on some IRC
>or in some Chat room giving the author the obligatory strokes.  Grow up
>already.
>
>domroy

---
Evil Jim
Viva La Mexico
<eviljim@geocities.com>
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like
the passengers in my car...