Re: Hal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hal

At 07:45 AM 8/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Actually, I couldn't care less about HAL.  My message was on the behalf of
>all those people chompin' at the bit waiting to get their hands, actually
>calcs, on it.  I am just sick and tired of seeing all of these stupid
>announcements about delayed release dates and non-exist ant parties
>cluttering up the e-mail.
I haven't seen anything from them relating to their over-anxiety, and
everything sent was answered.  Next time, let the people who you THINK are
anxious answer, they might not really be as anxious as you think.
>For the most part I am a real programmer and
>don't have all that much time to waste on calculator programming, although
>I have done several serious applications that I use when I teach my upper
>division math classes.

A real programmer eh?  I don't know of more talented programmers than on
the calculator.  How many "real" programmers do you know that can program
z80 assembly? I myself am a fairly accomplished PC programmer, but I enjoy
talking to calculator programmers, it takes a little bit more work to do
what is done for calculators.

>I don't care about Ash, z-Shell, o-Shell, or any of those other shells
>either.  Besides, the only thing that shells have brought us are even more
>games, and more e-mail cluttering up the lists.

Alot of people enjoy these games, and if you don't like the "clutter" on
the list, unsubscribe, because that is usually what you're going to find on
this list!

|gaffney@thethinker.com - Tiocfaidh Ár Lá / Our Day Will Come|
|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Wipe The Smile Off My Face"   |
|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |