From:   Open discussion of TI Graphing Calculators  On Behalf Of Jani Nikula
Sent:   Thursday, July 31, 1997 12:34 PM
To:     CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
Subject:        TI-85 link port in asm

Hi -

Here's a few questions concerning programming the TI-85 link port in
assembly (on a non-turboed calculator, using ZShell):

- How fast can you send/receive, bits per second, error free --- in
  practice, not theoretically?
- What is the shortest and most accurate time that can be used as a delay,
  say, using the instruction execution speeds?
- Is there a list of Z80 instruction execution times available somewhere?
- Does the execution speed of an assembly program depend on the amount of
  free memory the way it does in basic and everything else?
- Is it possible to forbid interrupts in a program w/o crashing the calc
  and still use the link port?

I'd just like to know this stuff before I get any deeper into a project
aiming at attaching a new device to the calc... these are quite essential.
Any information that you think is relevant is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Jani