Re: $4 Serial Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: $4 Serial Link

GreatLlama <greatllama@AOL.COM>  wrote:
>Unscrew the head of the stereo jack just a little bit to let it go into
>the hole on the TI's port.  I made the $4 link and had the same problem at
>first.   Once you do this, the link and software work great.

  I've heard a lot about problems with jacks not fitting into the TI so when I
made my link instead of a male I used a female on the cable. Then I can simply
connect the cable that came with the TI to the cable that I made.

                TI <- TI-TI link cable -> home-made cable -> computer

 This connection works great. Well...except on the computer I usually use--I
made the parallel cable and my computer has an enhanced printer port which I
can't figure out how to turn off--I've tried about everything with software and
can't seem to find any hardware settings. It works fine on an old laptop that I
thought had become useless.
 Anyway, enough babbling...I think using a female jack is a better idea than
cutting anything--especially the TI-TI link. Besides, it LOOKS COOL!!

     I .     I .    jj@sysken.or.jp