Re: My ROM is version 4.0, do I need to get later

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Zenon Links <Zenon@BBS.NEXES.COM> (this means you) wrote:
>It may waste more power, but I did it with mine (3.33x) and it's awesome,
>but since I use rechargable batteries (only the best of course; 250mAh AAA)
>there hasn't been any difference in it!  I did impliment a switch so that I
>could use non-turbo either to save power or to slow down a fast ZShell game
>:) but so far, power usage has been the same!  And I don't have to purchase
>them again...just RECHARGE!!!
>
>-=Zenon=-
>
>----------
>: From: greatllama@AOL.COM
>: To: Zenon
>: Subject: Re: My ROM is version 4.0, do I need to get later
>: Date: September 27, 1996 12:08 PM
>:
>:
>: It wastes power much more than it does without acceleration.  Personally,
>: I think it's kind of dumb to pop open your calculator, tinker around with
>: it, and have to buy 3X more batteries.

I was considering accelerating my calc also but haven't yet found the info
(haven't looked much yet) but, as Zenon said, it wouldn't (in Zenon's case it
doesn't) use any more power. I'd like to know to logic behind that idea anyway.
Making logic cicuits run faster doesn't use more power. Adding logic gates,
etc. to a circuit does. The only problem that I could imagine is a possibility
of data errors in older calcs. This is the problem with older memory chips
which neccessitated wait states in the first 386 machines. Maybe that's why TI
slowed the calcs.
  Just an educated guess...;)

     I .     I .    jj@sysken.or.jp