Re: Parts to fix a broken TI-85 screen?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Parts to fix a broken TI-85 screen?

Yeah!  Mine is missing 1 horizontal line (128 pixels!) and my cousin is
missing 8 lines (1024 pixels!!!)!  What can we do about this??!

-=Zenon=-

----------
: From: prince@PCPROS.NET
: To: Zenon
: Subject: Re: Parts to fix a broken TI-85 screen?
: Date: September 27, 1996 4:08 PM
:
:
: On 26 Sep 1996 14:44:53 GMT, miogburn@vt.edu (Michael Ogburn) wrote:
: >I broke my ti-85 LCD just yesterday and decided to buy a new 85 for $99
: >instead of pay ti $70 and have to wait weeks while it was fixed.  I'm a
: >mechanical engineer and I know that the LCD was not manufactured for
easy
: >replacement, but I'd like to try...  I got it apart, why not fix it?
: >Where could I find a new screen or a new screen/sub-circuit-board
: >assembly?   Does anyone out there have spare parts they'd be willing to
: >send me?  Let me know when you get a chance!
: >
: >Thanks,
: >       Mike
: >       mo@vt.edu
: >
: Me too.  My LCD is messed up as well.  Not entirely broken, but hazy
: and splotchy.  I would also like some info on repair.