Fw: Parallel Links for the TI-82, TI-85, and TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fw: Parallel Links for the TI-82, TI-85, and TI-92

Forwarded to CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM

----------
: From: Hugh F. Tong <Zenon@bbs.nexes.com>
: To: alfy@juno.com
: Subject: Re: Parallel Links for the TI-82, TI-85, and TI-92
: Date: September 24, 1996 4:42 PM
:
:
:
: ----------
: : From: alfy@juno.com
: : To: Zenon
: : Date: September 23, 1996 7:26 PM
: :
: :
: : Do you know if your link works for a TI-83??
: : And will you test out all the parts before you ship??
: : And What if they do not work??
: : Sure, I am willing to buy.
: : You are selling parts?? I want a ready to use link...How much will that
: : be and where can I send the money to??
: : Laterz
: :
: : Alfred
: : ALFY@juno.com
: :
: Alright all.  I'm tired of people mailing in here saying they want
programs
: they can type in or that they have problems with their link and what not.
: I'm going to start a service building the parallel link (since it is the
: easiest, cheapest and most efficient one) for people who don't have a
link.
:  Since I live in Canada, the prices may be a little more expensive, but
: it's fast for everyone.  Hopefully people can now complain less about
: problematic (unless it's my fault, but I will test all links before they
go
: out) links and typing things in.  The standard parallel link (which does
: include a nice male DB25 25 pin socket to fit the parallel port and a
: circuit board) will cost $6.25 US.  The parallel link with an extra port
: fit in the printer as well will cost $10.00.  The 6ft. 3.5mm jack ->
3.5mm
: jack is $7.00 (or you can get your own) and the 3.5mm stereo socket ->
: 2.5mm stereo jack converter goes for $4.75, which I recommend you buy
: yourself if you live in the states. The two links both come with 3.5mm
: stereo sockts.  With the last two components, you add it onto the total
: cost.  Shipping is about $2.00.  The software is at
: www.ticalc.org/pub/windows/connect-85 (or something like that) which is
for
: the TI-85, and it is what I recommend if you use Windows.  Also download
: the parallel port upgrade (C8U60304.ZIP).  Otherwise else, look on their
: pages to find Link82XP, Link85XP, or Link92XP, though the Link82XP isn't
: supposed to work
: yet.  If anyone is interested or has any comments (absolutely NO FLAMES)
: please e-mail me at the address above; Zenon@bbs.nexes.com.  Thank you,
and
: I hope to be hearing from someone soon.
:
: Well, I am selling a whole link, assembled, and it will be tested.
: Absolutely all links will be tested with no exceptions, and will be
proven
: to work.  Even if the link worked for the TI-83, there is not yet
software
: built for handling TI-83 data.  Money may be sent to
:
: Zenon Links
: 143 Edgepark Way N.W.
: Calgary, Alberta T3A 4P4
: CANADA
:
: If there are any other questions, please e-mail me.
:
: -=Zenon=-