Calculators required

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Calculators required

Over the summer, I did some digging to search for the graphing calculators
that various universities required.  Here is my final compiled list.
I am a high school mathematics teacher so my purpose was to show my
students hoping it will help them decide on which calculator to purchase.
I teach in Indiana, and did a lot of emailing.  I wanted my students to
see colleges in which they might be headed so you will find many midwestern
colleges.  If you would like to see actual comments made by the many college
professors on these calculators, then email me, and I will send you a
text file of all comments.

Ball State University             TI - 85 recommended
Butler University                 Some Professors Require Graphing Calculator
Brown                             Some Professors Require a Graphing Calculator
Colgate                           TI -82 or 85 required
Cornell                           TI - 83
Duke                              HP-48 (TI 92 considered for future)
Goshen College                    TI - 82  preferred
Hanover                           TI-82 recommended
Harvard                           TI-8X requied
Huntington College                TI-8X required
IU at Blommington                 TI-83
IU at South Bend                  TI-82
Michigan Technological University TI-85
St. Mary's College                TI-82 or 85 recommended
Standford                         TI-8X
University of Evansville          TI-81 or 82 required
Universiy of Illinois             TI 82 or 83 required
Universty of Maine                Casio
University of Michigan            TI 83  required
University of Purdue              TI 85 recommended
Wabash                            TI 82 or 85 recommended

<pre>
--

Sam Powell
</pre>