Re: TI-83 Model & Calculus I/II Sequence.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 Model & Calculus I/II Sequence.

Serious shortcoming: If you have an 83 and someone else has an 82, you can't
give him a program that you write.  For AB or BC calculus, the TI-82 (or 83)
is just right.  You cannot easily graph differential equations or do
eigenvalues/eigenvectors, but programs are available to do those...

At 16:11 9/20/96 -0400, Russell Vaughan wrote:
>Are there serious shortcomings in using a TI-83 for a typical two semester
>calculus course?   Would the TI-85 be the better choice of calculator to
>use?  Anyone with experience in this area?
>
>Thanks for the replies.

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |