Re: Programing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Programing

David Gleich wrote:

> I just got an TI-85 and I'd like to start programing.  Fortunately I do a
> lot of programing with PC programs like Q-Basic and C++.  My problem is
> that I couldn't find a command in the Instruction Manual that let's you put
> out indivudial pixels or at least blocks of pixels that you can put next to

The 85 dosen't have an easy way to attack specific pixels.
You can pick a pixel by calling PtOn with the X argument:

xMin+(n*\delta\x)
and the y argument
yMin+(m*\delta\y)
where m and n are the pixel numbers you want to reach
At least, I think this will work.

> least blocks a pixels?  Also, can someone give me the run down on Z-Shell.
> Someone at school tried to explain it but, it was pretty evident that he
> didn't know what the hell he was talking about.  By the way, I would prefer
> if you would E-mail me since I don't go on the internet that often (you
> know busy schedule).

Zshell:  The TI85 uses a Z80 processor, which accepts programs in z80
Assembly language, a low-level language.  TI programs can only be
written in TI-Basic a language which is slow and (as you've learned)
limited.  ZShell is a backdoor which allows peope to write Assembly
programs on their computers, convert them to 85 String files, and
download them to their TI85.  ZShell itself is a shell program from
which these strings are run.  Zshell is a string as well, and can only
be installed through a backup, as it is placed on the Custom menu. Take
one look at Tetris on a TI-82 and then ZTetris 1.1 (or Tetris 4.5) on an
85, and you'll see (1) how much the 85 rulez and (2) how foolish
82-buyers are.