Re: ZShell on TI-83/82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ZShell on TI-83/82

True, there is more support now for Zshell, but TI-83 ASM is supported by
TI, and you don't need a link cable or a special backup file to use it...
the hex codes can be entered directly into the calculator.  (though ASM can
easily crash your calc and a link is STRONGLY recommended)

See TI's pages for more info
http://www.ti.com/calc/docs/home.htm
(ohmygod, i've memorized the URL) =)

At 16:09 9/9/96 -0700, Paul Pollack wrote:
>Gunter Gebhardi wrote:
>>
>> HI,
>>
>> May I use ZShell and similar progamms on TI-83/82 calculators?
>
>The 83 has built in ASM. The 82 doesn't and no program exists
>for it to fix that. Jingyang Xu has an excellent explanation why
>involving a janitor named Fred on his web site; you should be
>able to find his page fairly easily.
>
>> At least the display of these calculators is smaller.
>> Is the TI-85 "better" than the TI-83/2 for programming in assembler?
>
>The 85 is "better" than the 82 for ASM, and is likely to remain
>that way, since there's no ASM shell for it. Right now the 85
>is the best calculator platform to design for, simply because
>of the wide support available through lists like list-zshell. The
>83 may eventually catch up.
>
>Hope this helps!
>
>- Paul Pollack
>NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: paulp@gte.net

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |