Re: $4 serial link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: $4 serial link

1.  The plug is a 3/32" connector.  The 1/8" is a headphone jack...

2.  Even TI's 82-link software doesn't work with the 83.  The difference
lies in the way the link gets variable headers from the calculator.  In
this, the 83 is closer to the 92.

At 13:39 9/8/96 -0500, Tony Do wrote:
>Hi people,
>
>I'm trying to build the $4 serial link.  I have a couple questions:
>
>1.  Is the plug a 1/8" or 3/32" connector?  I assume it's stereo.  I
>haven't seen any 3/32" (2.5mm) stereo plugs, but I *have* seen 1/8" stereo
>plugs. I measured the original TI plug and it's close to 1/8".
>
>2.  If this link works with the 82 and 85, it will work with the 83 also,
>wouldn't it?
>
>Thanks,
>
> _____
> __  /_______ _______ _____  __   Tony Do - Franklin, WI
> _  __/_  __ \__  __ \__  / / /   tonyd@execpc.com
> / /_  / /_/ /_  / / /_  /_/ /    cle@csd.uwm.edu
> \__/  \____/ /_/ /_/ _\__, /     http://www.uwm.edu/~cle
>                      /____/      USR Sportster 33.6k

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |