Re: Help with a program for the TI-82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help with a program for the TI-82

On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, Sister Dennis Tisler wrote:

> You have a savings account into which you make an initial deposit of $1000.
>  The account earns 10% interest annually.  At the end of each year, after the
> interest is added to the account you deposit an additional $500.

> How do I program the calculator to determine the amount in the
> account after 10 years? 20 years?

How about something along these lines (this would work for the TI-85,
but I'm sure the TI-82 would be similar):

INPUT "Initial deposit? ",I
INPUT "Annual deposit? ",D
INPUT "Interest rate? ",R
INPUT "Number of years? ",Y
CLLCD
DISP "Balance after"
OUTPUT(1,15,Y)
DISP "years:"
WHILE Y/<>/0
I+I*R+500/->/I
Y-1/->/Y
END
DISP I

/<>/ stands for the Not Equal To symbol
/->/ stands for the Store To symbol

This is a quick and dirty example off the top of my head; I hope it
yields the correct answer!

        ~ Mark