Help with a program for the TI-82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help with a program for the TI-82

I am looking for help programming the TI-82 to solve the following and
similar problems:

You have a savings account into which you make an initial deposit of $1000.
 The account earns 10% interest annually.  At the end of each year, after the
interest is added to the account you deposit an additional $500.

In this problem, the initial amount (A sub 0) = 1000.  A sub n is equal to A
sub n-1 times 1.1 + 500.  No closed form of this recursive system is
available.  How do I program the calculator to determine the amount in the
account after 10 years? 20 years? etc. without endlessly performing manual
iterations?

Help, please!