Re: Seft tests for TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Seft tests for TI

On  1 Sep 96 at 0:51, Tung Nguyen wrote:

> Go the MODE
> Press ALPHA
> Prsss S
>
> "Enter self test? 9.0"

The self-test is what it sounds like. It tests the calculators
functions. This is meant for TI technicians and the usefulness for
ordinary users is minimal. On TI-85 it performs the following steps.

1. Cycles through an internal check of some sort. Each time one of
these checks are completed the number on the screen increases. This
will go on forever, unless you don't press [ON].

2. After that, a series of patterns are shown to test the LCD. You
can cycle through these by pressing [ENTER] or skip them by pressing
[ON].

3. When all patterns are cycled through the keypad test will start.
You are supposed to press the key that corresponds to the get-ky
number that is displayed on the screen. If all keys were right, the
screen will say "OK" and your calculator is reset.

> Any1 have any idea what this is, it seems to reset the TI. I am new to
> this newsgroup, is there more than 5 (FIVE!!) postings a week?

The newsgroup is screwed up! The calc-ti mailing-list, that is
supposed to be a mirror of the newsgroup, gets several hundred
messages a week.

Mattias Lindqvist
CS student at LTH, Sweden
E-mail: d96mli@efd.lth.se