Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

Here is a little something for 92 owners. Try the following limit problem:

        -s*t
Lim    e    *t
t->inf ---------|s=s
           2

ie The limit of exp(-s*t)*t/s^2 as t approaches infinity where s equals s.
Careful though. It nuked me in one case (I lost all memory) and gave a
mem error in another case. For your info, it is the "where" statement
that caused the problem. Change it to s=n and all is fine. Is this
problem apparent on all 92s or just mine?

Also, limits do not work well if the expression being limited involves a
product or quotient of mre than one variable. ie e^(-s*t) as t approaches
infinity returns undef where e^(-s+t) returns zero. Anyone know a way
around this?

                  ____| >o-'--< Al Arduengo
                 _+_  |/
                  -