ticalc.org / A New TI-85/Schematics site

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ticalc.org / A New TI-85/Schematics site

From: ej58369 <ej58369@GOODNET.COM>

> I have produced a new TI-85, etc site at
> www.goodnet.com/~ej58369 for the simple Ti-85
> gamer to schematic fanatics.  I decided to
> create this site in retalliation of what
> www.ticalc.org has done... blended together
> all the sites allowing for no variety.
>
>                            -High Pung Chow

Not so.  Rather, we have made things simpler for your average TI net
user: a large, central archive of everything around, carefully
maintained and updated.  Essentially, if someone's looking for
something, we can usually say, "it's on ticalc.org."  We are not
trying to drive any smaller sites "out of business" - a site will
succeed if it satisfies a niche.  However, you cannot argue that
there aren't far too many sites out there with redundant, useless
information.

ticalc.org, like any site, cannot satisfy all of the people all of
the time.  For example, while we have large and thorough archives, we
cannot hope to maintain adequate information on each program.  I saw
and was quite impressed by a web site with screen shots from many
ZShell games, something making the site worthwhile and a useful
supplement to an archive like ours.  I wish you luck in creating a
unique site in the same fashion that will help people in ways a site
like ticalc.org can't.  However, I resent the statement that we
"allow for no variety."  We are not repressing anyone from putting up
TI sites.  If someone decides not to because "everything's already
been done," then likely they're right.