Re: TI 92 V.S. HP 48GX, which one is better?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 30 Oct 1996 02:25:30 GMT, gts@cais3.cais.com (GTS) wrote:

>In article <551dae$2ut@globe.lynx.bc.ca>, > gUFman < <)> wrote:
>>      Hello, does anyone know which is better?  Both are about
>>US$200, but they seem to be quite different...  I don't konw which one
>>to buy!!!  Help!!!
>>
>as far as choosing a calculator, it depends on what the use of the
>calculator will be.  the TI-92 is better for calculus and any typing, but
>it isn't allowed on standardized tests, and the HP48GX is.  plus, the
>HP48GX supports additional memory and external program cards, as well as
>easy access to assembler, system code, and other useful tools.  most of
>the built in functions are slow however, so unless you have easy access to
>a computer link and programs, you will agonize as the HP draws graphs even
>slower than the TI-82!!

I disagree with this.  I have both calculators and I like them both,
but graphing can be extremely fast with the HP, it just depends how
detailed you want the graph to be.

>i chose the HP because it is much more of a computer, with upgradable
>operating systems (i use java2.8), text editors, and file managers.  like

It's not really an operating system.  It's just a system outer loop
that allows different styles of display, no new system.

>some other response said, though, its all personal preference.

| "You can pick your friends, and  | (   \ (  \/  )   mao@wuchem.wustl.edu |
|  you can pick your nose; but you |  ) ) ) )    (                         |
|  can't pick your friend's nose." | (___/ (_/\/\_)       (Dean Mao)       |