Re: TI 92 V.S. HP 48GX, which one is better?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

In article <551dae$2ut@globe.lynx.bc.ca>, > gUFman < <)> wrote:
>       Hello, does anyone know which is better?  Both are about
>US$200, but they seem to be quite different...  I don't konw which one
>to buy!!!  Help!!!

as far as choosing a calculator, it depends on what the use of the
calculator will be.  the TI-92 is better for calculus and any typing, but
it isn't allowed on standardized tests, and the HP48GX is.  plus, the
HP48GX supports additional memory and external program cards, as well as
easy access to assembler, system code, and other useful tools.  most of
the built in functions are slow however, so unless you have easy access to
a computer link and programs, you will agonize as the HP draws graphs even
slower than the TI-82!!
i chose the HP because it is much more of a computer, with upgradable
operating systems (i use java2.8), text editors, and file managers.  like
some other response said, though, its all personal preference.

<pre>
--
gts@cais.cais.com
</pre>