Re: Anyone succesful

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Anyone succesful

roland wrote:

> In article <326BDB23.1F56@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>,
> japashan@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu says...
> >
> >Has anyone been succesful in building a $4 link for a TI-82 using a 2.5
> >mm stereo plug?
>
> I've built one and it does not work, not with any software.  My 82 has a rom
> version of 19.0, maybe that is the problem.  All I get is timeouts and xmit
> errors.  And the 82 does the reported hang, or slow down.  I tried.
>
> Roland

Here's an idea: make sure the 2.5mm connector is *ALL* the way in. Take
a knife (pocket knife, for example) and trim off some of the plastic
around the end of the connector, where the metal comes out. That'll make
it smaller diameter, so it will fit into the recess in the TI case. I
had this same problem when I built ten serial links for the TI-85.

<pre>
--
Greg Hill
http://braves.bhs.davis.k12.ut.us/