Legends of Glory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Legends of Glory

   Just wrote to announce the latest TI calc program I'm working on:  a
multi-player role playing game named *Legends of Glory*.

   It's going to be quite addictive, since, as well as fighting computer
generated monsters, the game also will let anybody who has the same model
calc as you link up and you can battle it out with the characters that
you've developed!  I can only imagine the chaos I'm going to create at
school when this is finished :-) .  I'll have full-scale calculator
warfare going on!

  It's written in TI-BASIC for the 85, and will be converted to the 82
(and thus, the 83) a coupla' days after the 85 version is released (I'm
programming it to be 82-friendly, so that the conversion will hopefully
be as painless as possible).  I'll be working on it all day tomorrow
(Sunday), so it could be released as early as Monday, if everything goes
right (which it probably won't).

  Also of interest (especially to those in the conversation about
GOSUBing in TI-BASIC) is the fact that *Legend* uses a variable to
control jumping between programs, so that the various sub-programs won't
be run by theirselves on accident.  It's not foolproof, but it'll
suffice.

   Tell me what you think, PLEASE!!!

-|/|/esley McGrew
wesleymcgrew@juno.com