Chemistry Programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chemistry Programs

I have three programs made by a friend of mine for chemistry and would
like to see the level of interest in them.  The first allows you to
enter a molecular formula and it tells you the molecular mass(ie you
enter C12N2H6 and it will tell you the g/mol value).  The second is a
simple program that tells you the empirical formula for a compound based
on the mass or mass percents of each compound in the formula.  The
third, and most powerful, allows you to enter a chemical equation with
charges and the program than proceeds to balance the equation(charges
included).  This is especially useful in balancing and checking answers
redox equations which can usually take a page of work.  The programs are
fast- The one that tells you the molecular mass takes about 5 seconds
for your average chemical, much quicker than you looking at a periodic
table and multiplying and adding the values.  The second and third take
about 20 seconds, based on the complexity.  These programs are TI-Basic
and take about 2500 bytes, they include two strings- One holding the
molecular masses in order with  usually around 6significant digits. The
other holds the names of the chemicals and the programs use these to
index your inputs.

If anyone has keen interest in these programs let me know.  If interest
is extremely high I might consider selling the package for five bucks or
so, but I would be glad to give it to someone privately for testing or
whatnot.  Please respond **via email** to Legend107@thepentagon.com.