Newbie

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Newbie

After stumbling upon ticalc.org, I have become interested in buying a
TI-85. I've been wanting to learn assembly for quite awhile, and this
seems like the best way. I have a few questions before I open my
wallet...

If I go to Wal-Mart or K-Mart and buy a TI-85, would I most likely get
the latest ROM? I want to use ZShell (the WHOLE purpose) and it would be
stupid trying to explain to the return person that "mine has the
incorrct ROM but that one right there just might."

What stuff do I need to do it? I have a Pentium with W95. I know there
is some Link cable to connect to the calculator. Is ZShell freeware?
What about TASM and all the other stuff needed?

Sadly enough, I have never owned a TI-8x caculator so I also don't know
TI-BASIC. What is a good toutorial for me? I know QBASIC fairly well.
(come to http://cswnet.com/~wtjones/index.html and try some programs)

Being out of questions, I will probably post more as they come to me.

William Jones