Problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problem

I don't know how on-topic this is, but I saw this problem in a magazine
and I figured someone here had to know enough math to figure it out.

Supose you have a perfectly spherical planet and you want to put
lightposts around the equator so that the entire equator is illuminated
and the total height of lightposts is minimized.  You must use at least 3
lightposts.  Thus you could use very few tall lightposts or many small
ones.  CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT???

Adam Trilling
Hanegev Online Services Chairperson
adamt@shadow.net

***All mail to d023681c@dcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us is forwarded to this
address***

Studies show that 75% of people are caused by accidents