Re: nth Root on TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: nth Root on TI-92

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 15:15:05 GMT, you wrote:

>Where is the "nth root" button on the TI-92?  I have a TI-85 and there's
>one there, but I can't find it on the TI-92.  I hate having to raise to =
>fraction!!  I'm lazy and it's too much typing.  I guess I could write a
>function though... ;-)

Well I looked for it for a while, but it's not there... In the manual
there is a function for it, but it's not that hard to write :)

xroot(xx,yy)
=46unc
yy^(1/xx)
EndFunc

This is one function I don't see why they didn't put on in the first
place, having been used to the notation used on the other TI's. I
guess it's just trivial tho, and not much of an inconvenience to type.
I guess they didn't want to go through the trouble of coding the
"pretty print" for the little numbers in the radical symbol for them.
:)

-Jim Pingle- (Tajador on IRC)
Tajador@cris.com  *  Tajador@juno.com * pingjj01@holmes.ipfw.indiana.edu
http://www.cris.com/~Tajador  =20