Hey what about a C64 drive?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hey what about a C64 drive?

I have an interesting thought.....well, howabout using a C64 or C128 disk
drive for a ti82-83-85-92 whatever to put on?  I seem to recall that they
have the OS system built into the rom, sure you cannot read the disk on
an ibm or mac, but you could evpand the probrams!!!  I really would like
to know if this will work...just 15 years ago people had 16k computers
and disk drives, why cant the ti, withch are almost equvelent...even not,
how aobut CM/P?  old language but mabey it could be implemnted onto a ti?
if not, what would it take for the controler for a diskdrive...this could
realy expand it..
        And next, can you buy rom upgrades for the ti-92?  Mabey can you
make your own rom?  I was wondering this because there is a thing that
looks suspicheis like a rom cart, because it has an I-0595 number on
it...could you build your own rom?  how a oubt the diskdrive ide?  ram
expansion?  if it is a driect addresse bus rout to the processor and if
it includes the start op boot rom....you could practly do anything you
want with it!!!

tell me otherwise before I start riping my calulator apart.

-Paul Bruner
P.S. I do not sugest you take out the cartrage becase it wipes you ram,
and you have to rmove the batterys and put them back into start it back up.
P.S.S Is ti planing a ni-cad recharge thing for a Ti?  I rember that Game
boy had a thing that repaces the batters and you look into.....