Re: inequalities

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: inequalities

>   Daniel Cates <bma@fast.net> writes:
>  Can the TI-85 do the same "shading" that the 83 can do?  Why would TI
>  leave out the ability to graph linear inequalities?  Anyone know?
>

>  Mark A. Roaquin wrote:
>  >
>  > Try the TI-83, which can graph in different shading styles. You don't
enter
>  > the specific less than/greater than values, but you can shade over and
>  > under a graph.
>  >
>  > Daniel Cates <bma@fast.net> wrote in article <325365F2.E15@fast.net>...
>  > > The Casio graphing calculators can be set to graph equations in
>  > > inequality mode.  For example, instead of graphing something like:
>  > > y=3x+6, the Casios can graph y<3x+6 and shade the appropriate area(s).
>  > > So far, I haven't been able to find a similar function on the TI-85.
>  > >
>  > > Is there such a way to do this and if so, how?
>  > >
>  > > Thanks!

I'm sure that if the TI-85 came out today, it would have all the graphing
features
of the TI-83. However, the TI-85 was actually released back in 1992, while the
TI-83 didn't ship until the second quarter of 1996. The TI-85 is still a more
powerful calculator than the TI-83 in a number of ways, but a lot of new
features and a considerably simplified interface were introduced over a four
year
period, including the TI-83's statistical and financial capabilities. The model
number represents the relative power, not the release date. The TI-83 was in
fact released quite some time after the TI-92.

                                        Harry