Sprites and Keys....

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sprites and Keys....

        I am just starting to get into ti-claulators.  Concerding the
fact, that I have built simple Z80 chip computers<you know, some ROM, a
litty RAM, and a few button and blinking lights> and have messed around
with 68k chips....But my favoret pass time is making games..
        There has been a discusion about how to read if a key is pressed
down.  Could someone suppy me with some low level infomation or direct me
where I can get it?.. things like how do a ti-85 and 92 scan the
keyboard..does it scan 8 keys for a press then move to the next 8 keys to
check for that or does it have an keyborad controler?...do they have
interupts?  they must if the use a keyboard, but I have discoverd that,
if its simple enough you can usullay get around it...How about the
screen, how does it refresh, virtily or horozontly, or does it only
update the pixes displayed?...clock's...I/O contorers or simple
flip-flops..How do I access the rom and run some for its code...How
differnt IS the rom versions...whatever
        I am tring to gather information to try to make a simple pascal
compiler for assembley code,<sorry, I am not that profishent in c/c++>, I
hate Assembley and try to find ways to workarououd it, so oviouly build
compiler..it will have to be ran on a sepreat computer though....I want
to try to use assembley for all code posable, draw pixs, etctra, but
would like to use some of the rom code for math functions, sin, cos,
things like that....save me writeing....
        Just a off note....dose anyone have any code that does some
simple sprite anomation and collition detetion?...I can write programs to
do it, but I have a hard time figuring out how to do it in
assembley...that FF3 game is a neat idea, but I want to do somthing like
space invadoers or zelda....thanks....

-Paul Bruner