Re: 2 answer quadratics on TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 answer quadratics on TI-85?

Ian <ianvf@GEOCITIES.COM> Stated:

> This has been bugging me for a while now.  When ever I have a quadratic,
> and I run it through the solver, my calculator seems to randomly pick
> which answer it wants to give me.  Is there any way I can get it to tell
> me both answers?
>
> I'm in 10th grade and were doing begining of the year review, I don't
> appreciate haveing to do the quadratics by hand.  Any help would be much
> apreciated.

You didn't mention which calculator this pertains to, but on the TI-85,
you should be using the Polynomial (POLY) menu to solve Quadratics.  This
method will give all solutions to Polynomials. (Real and/or Imaginary)

BTW it is much faster!

billyd@early.com using NetcPlus
  A Mountain Man in Cyber Land