Here is how to do inequalities

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Here is how to do inequalities

Yes you can do inequalities on the TI calculators.  Is it worth your time
to learn how?  Not to everyone.  To graph an inequality on the TI calculators
involves learning the shade funtion and using the ClDrw function after
each new inequality problem.  I can't understand why TI has not invested
the time to make inequality graphing a little easier to use.  I
do not feel my students are going to utilize the TI when we do
inequalities in the next two weeks.  Maybe I can convice one of my
students to write a program to make it easier for us all.
In case you are interested here is how you can graph the following
inequalities.

Use Shade(lower func, upperfunc, xbeg, xend)  Only the areas where the
first argument < the second are shaded.  The 1st and 2nd arqument are
required.  The last two are not.

To graph y >= x ^ 2
ClrDrw
Shade (x^2, ymax)