Attempts to leave calc-ti

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Attempts to leave calc-ti

: Actually, I don't have the information or I would give it to you.  I will
: try to compensate for this by sending an impassioned plea to the other
: users of this mail list.

I have followed the instructions returned by the list server for
unsubscribing from this list, but, alas, they are in error, and
no obvious method has availed any solution. As such, I have
written the following mail-processing program, which can be
implemented by any user of a Unix system with a standard
sendmail configuration via a pipe in one's .forward:

        #!/bin/sh -
        tempfile=/tmp/incoming_mail.$$
        list_address='calc-ti@lists.ppp.ti.com'
        mailspool=/usr/spool/mail/whoever_you_are
        cat >$tempfile
        grep -i $list_address $tempfile > /dev/null 2>&1 &&
                /usr/lib/sendmail $list_address < $tempfile ||
                        { cat $tempfile ; echo } >> $mailspool
        rm $tempfile

;^)

Seriously, though, the available instructions are incorrect.