Re: Need help with Ti-connect

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need help with Ti-connect

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Duane Nagel wrote:

>         Hi I made the $5 link and plugged it into my computer LPT1
>         parallel port(printer port) and then i put other end in calc.
>         now i tried sending a file to my calc. (ti-85) but it just
>         won't work, it says transmisssion error i get this everytime
>         what the heck do i do know tell me step by step!

Some things to check:

the diodes are pointed the correct way

wires & diodes are plugged into the correct slots on printer port side

if you cut a link, make sure that you have the right wires connected

if you used some other method, (2.5mm plug from e. store, or a 3.5-2.5
converter) make sure that the plug is connecting fully, and doesnt need
filing.

this helps on some computers, but not all....turn your computer off, plug
the link in, then reboot.

if this doesn't work, try again, but boot in dos mode (win95) or skip
autoexec bat and config.sys (dos 6.x) this is done by pressing F5 when the
computer tells you loading ms-dos or whatever.

hope some of this helps...

Matt Bathje
mpb@xnet.com