Re: ti-92 died and wont come back to life !!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 17:18 1996-11-25 GMT, you wrote:
>I had the same thing happen to me the first time I tried Fargo.I think
>that you will need to remove the backup battery (the CR2030) in addition
>to the 4 AA's. Once the calc is battery-less, turn it on. Then let it sit
>for a few seconds. Put all the batteries back in and it should work fine.
>You will have to readjust the contrast.

An easier way than to remove the backup battery is to simply short-circuit
(or whatever it's called) it. I used two screwdrivers, one on each pole, and
crossed them. This may not be good for the 92, but worked just fine on mine
when I got the Fargo "address error" (and no, I didn't know about any of the
key combinations when I did it).