Re: Zshell programs to ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Zshell programs to ASM

DM wrote:

> Can you convert Zshell programs to ASM, so you can run these programs on
> a TI-83.
> There aren't many programs for ASM on the TI-83 right now.

I have been trying to do this since I learned ASM on the 83 and there
are a few obstacles that I have yet to overcome:

1.) There is not that much source code out there for good ZShell games
(Although the recent release of Plainjump and XC-1701 might be the
answer, I have not had time to look at them yet)

2.) Th TI-83 does not have a memory mapped LCD (as TI claims, it has a
LCD controlled by the "LCD Driver", and that code to support "fast LCD
access will be provided as part of the docs in the future" I have sent a
few messages asking about this and other problems with their docs to
their new address and have yet to recieve any reply)  This makes
graphics intensive games almost impossible as the System Routines for
drawing on the screen are too slow.

3.) The time involved.

Were these hurdles overcome, however, porting from ZShell to TI-83 would
not be that difficult as the two are very similar.

        -Andrew