Re: Z80 COMPILER

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Z80 COMPILER

The answer is sort of. I took Ron Cain/Hendrix/et al. Small C Plus
(not to be confused with C++) compiler for CP/M and changed the code
generation module to generate relocatable TASM compatible output. But
right now the compiler has a lot of limitations. Right now:

- everything has to be compiled in one source file at the moment
(relocation is the problem), so you have to #include everything.
(Thats the way I used to do it 10+ years ago when I didn't have a
version of make for CP/M or MSDOS.)
- I haven't converted any Small C compiler standard libraries.
- The floating point doesn't work yet. I've only been messing with
strings and integers so far.
- I only have a couple of the TASM ti.h routines converted.
- lots of other restrictions I can't think of right now.

The good news is that it does compile C code that will run on a TI-85.
If someone wants a copy of the compiler in this condition, send me
email at edt@infinet.com, otherwise, I will continue to work toward
eliminating the above problems. However, I must warn you, I wouldn't
consider the compiler even "alpha" quality yet.

Ed