Re: Simplify equations without solving for var--how?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Goatboy wrote:

> How can I simplify and equations with a variable or multiple variables
> without solving for the actual value of the variable on the TI-85? Is
> this on the calc itself, or do I need to download a program for it?

I would very much like a program like this for the ti-83, If anyone out
there can do something like this, math students everywhere would be
grateful. (sp?)

> Also, I just bought the 85 a week ago. I heard the batteries (4AAA)
> last a couple months and the lithium ion for 4-5 years. However, the
> display has become lighter and lighter very quickly, and the manual
> said it might be because the batteries are going dead if u have to
> turn the contrast high. I'm currently at 3.2 contrast. The default is
> a bit light for me. It was fine for me only a day ago though. Is this
> because I had to take out the 4aaa and lithium because my calc crashed
> from the self test and I couldn't get it to reset?

I don't have an 85, but on my 83 the battaries get weaker graduly as the
contrast level goes up.  They last until the contrast gets up to about
level 8, but that's the ti-83.

Andy Johnson <prjohnson@sisna.com>