Simplify equations without solving for var--how?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Simplify equations without solving for var--how?

How can I simplify and equations with a variable or multiple variables
without solving for the actual value of the variable on the TI-85? Is
this on the calc itself, or do I need to download a program for it?

Also, I just bought the 85 a week ago. I heard the batteries (4AAA)
last a couple months and the lithium ion for 4-5 years. However, the
display has become lighter and lighter very quickly, and the manual
said it might be because the batteries are going dead if u have to
turn the contrast high. I'm currently at 3.2 contrast. The default is
a bit light for me. It was fine for me only a day ago though. Is this
because I had to take out the 4aaa and lithium because my calc crashed
from the self test and I couldn't get it to reset?