Re: Backups and execution pointer?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, Sami Khawam wrote:

> Here is the rephrase:
>
> Does a 82 backup contains the address of the instruction that will be
> next executed by the processer(=Program Counter or 'execution pointer')?
> This could be a possible way to do asm...
>
> Maybe it's a stupid question ?

I would have to say no.  The 82 does not start wunnig a specific set of
instructions defined by a location stored in the backup.  From a
programming point of view that would make no sense whatsoever.  After you
restore a backup, you want your calc to just keep doing whatever it was
doing before you restored it, not jump to something else, which is what
would happen if the backup included the PC.

 -MarcII