Re: Why are TI Calcs so

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so

not even all engineers need the freakin' proofs.  We use 'em to pass
math### and phys### and sometimes EngG### but not much beyond that.  Why
else is the HP48 loaded w/ all the engineering eq'ns?  One of my profs
said "This is not memory work.  When you're all PEng's you'll have
reference books.  What we're teaching you is how to do your job with the
reference books."

I have and 85 and a 48. Use both.  Frequently.  I'm inclined to agree with
Rob on this one...

1)Time is money.
2)If it doesn't break, use a bigger hammer.
3)You can't push on a string.

Three engineering commandments... I suppose a proof could fit into #2.
But from what I've seen of the ref. books, all the proofs are there
anyway.  So it's not a matter of memorizing, just a matter of
understanding the source.

Hey Rob... update your .sig   They cut a whole line off... It's getting to
be RSA in 2 lines of DC instead of 3 lines of PERL

<pre>
--
Chris Kuethe <ckuethe@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> LPGV Electronics and Controls
http://www.ualberta.ca/~ckuethe/