Re: Strange Things('wrting to the ROM?'). HELP!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 16 Nov 96 at 22:23, Sami Khawam wrote:

> Can someone help me out of this: My 82 don't start. I tried to
> take out all the bateries(including the Lithium one) and press many
> times [ON], but nothing hapened. I will discribe all what I made:
>
> While I was playing around with Backups, I changed the 3rd byte
> after the screen memory, this byte (as I think), is responsible for
> the cursor form(2nd, or Alphe, or normal ...). I changed this value
> to 0xF and I sent the backup.
>
> When I exited the Link menu in the 82, the cursor was the one used
> when pressing [2nd]. But I was unable to use the keys. The only key
> that made something, was the [ON], and because [2nd] is on, my
> calulator shut down.
>
> Now, when I turn ON the calculator, there is still the same
> cursor, and only the [ON] can be used to shut down to calc. I tried
> to tale out *all* the bateries, but the calc doesn't reset. It's
> hanging. Can some one help me? And can some one explain why this ?

I've noticed that when the calc isn't completely crashed, it's
usually hard, if not impossible, to reset it. You'll have to try to
somehow crash it, for instance try mode, prgm or the 2nd+quit
buttons. Otherwise, you can always reset it by leaving all 5
batteries out for about half an hour.

  Mattias

<pre>
--