Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

Hmmm, in my high school I took precalc and calculus.

I argue, that in general, classes using calculators produce inferior
mathematicians.  Does everyone need to be a mathematician?  No.  If you
are planning to be a math or science major, keep your calculator very
far away.  If you are going into something like pre-med or engineering,
calculators are a very valuable tool.

A strong theoretical framework is 10x better than getting a 5 on the AP
(Although it should lead you to one.)

I now use the Ti92 because I understand the math behind what I let it
do, I understand How it does it, and it's very good for lab-work.

I can't stress this fact enough, Understand what you are doing, BEFORE
you use the calculator.

-nick