Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996 16:26:32 -0500 Nicholas P Konidaris Ii
<npk+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU> writes:
>And finally, if you are in high school, you don't really need anything
>in the TI9x or TI8x range.  I believe that most high schools do a very
>poor job of training people rigerously today.  Qualitative approaches
>are good, but it all should be done with good old paper and pencil, and
>when you've truly mastered it, you can go on.

Up to this point I agree with you.  Some HS students do need an 9x or an
8x.  I have an 85, and could not imagine taking a Calculus class without
it.  My teacher even required us to buy a graphic calculator (although
she suggested an 83).

Jim Reardon
jim.reardon@juno.com
Viva el mexico