Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior? (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior? (fwd)

As per below.  I remeber last year at work, struggling with a HP Omnibook 500+ for
for a month to try to get it working with company and personnel software
and network connection. The unit was a 486/50 based portible IBM
clone about the size of a TI85.  I compared the two next ot each other.
It has a 1/2 gig internal drive, 24megd of RAM, and had an external 3.5
floppy and
extrernal cd rom drive you could hook to it. Cute, but it had problems.

A) Low battery life - if you wanted to have more than 45min of battery
you had to move your programs to memory and turn off the hard drive.

B) It wasn't too portible with all the ext. drives.

C) IT NEVER FREAKING WORKED RIGHT!  it we loaded all the specified
software, hooked it to the Company NW, and Ran more than to programs at
the same time it would crash!  Ei it wasn;t acceptible as a work machine.

D) I look up the invoice, it was over $7500 !!!

jut my ramblings

Charles Slaustas - Comp Sci
CBS@EAGLE.IBC.EDU