Re: why are TI-Calc Inferior.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: why are TI-Calc Inferior.

As a certified, not that I am tooting my own horn but you gotta celibrate
you own victories, Computer Technician I can add some facts to this
thread.

The folk you state why TI is using a Z80 at 8 Mhz, no hard drive and a B/W
LCD Screen is partly due to heat built up of parts and power consumption.
they are right on target.

of the 486 and Pentium based Laptops I have worked on,I have notices
thus.

the quoted time of 3+ hours of battery life for laptops are if all the
power saver features are used. Ie the CPu is running at 1/4 speed, the HD
spiines down 10 sec after last access and the dispaly is only lighted at
20%.  Or in other words the machine is running slowed.

I gt alot of complants that new laptops are making alot of noise, this
due to 486s and Pentiums  have at least 3 fans, one on tops of the CPU,
and input and and output for the systems boards,  Highest Res Display may
also have a cooling fan for it;s Hi-Volt power supply.  if any of these
fan fail, the laptop will shut itself down before the machine cooks it;s
insides. I have been informed a pentium chip builds up enouph heat at
idle to damage itself withing 5 mins without cooling.

Lastly most new laptops, you can remove (hit a button and slide the puppy
out) the 3.5 floppy and replace with  a 2nd battery> thsi is because a
laptop will ru a battery dry in one hour while idling at full
power/speed/display intensity.

how this helps

Charles Slaustas - Comp Sci
CBS@EAGLE.IBC.EDU