Re: Best TI Calculator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Best TI Calculator

Chad Palmer wrote:

> I'd get the 83 for 4 reasons:  First of all, the design of the
> calculator looks better than an 82 or 85.

< Enter TI-85 rave mode >

That's really irrelevant as to which is a better calculator, but I disagree
anyways...  Forgive the chavuenism, (sp?) but the TI-85's solid and squarish
looks make it seem like more of a "real man's" calculator. (if there are any
real men mixed in with the rest of us propellor heads :-)  If Tim "The Tool Man"
Taylor form home improvement had to pick which looked better, which do you think
he'd pick?  (o.k. maybe not the BEST example, but...)

>                                            Second of all, It has Z80
> programming built in.  That Means that assembly language programs can
> be created for it without using something like ZShell or Fargo.

ZShell's not THAT bad.

> Thirdly, It has a catalog; which for people like me who do not have a
> graph link makes it really easy to enter programs into it.

So does the TI-85.

>                                                                  Finally,
> fourth it IS easier to opperate than the 85.  I have a friend with an
> 85 and I don't like using it.  True, it has menus at the bottom of the
> screen, but the words are in little boxes that are often hard to read.
> There's my two cents worth.

I can read them, and they seem much easier to use than the TI-83's full-screen
menus.

Also, after being used to the TI-85's higher resolution screen, the TI-83 and
TI-82's screens seem very blocky.  I much profer the TI-85's screen.

< End TI-85 rave mode >

| Jason C. Wenger                 | So... So you think you can tell          |
|   'Thursday' on Kali            | Heaven from Hell?  Blue skies from pain? |
|                                 | Can you tell a green field               |
| jwenger@clinton.net  <-----Main | From a cold steel rail?                  |
|    jwenger@juno.com  <---Backup | A smile from a veil?                     |
+---------------------------------| Do you think you can tell?               |
|    Illegitimi no carborundum    |         "Wish You Were Here" - Pink Floyd|