Re: TI-92 ROM Version Upgrades

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-92 ROM Version Upgrades

There is a possibilty to upgrade the ROM of your calculator.  You know
the cover on the back of the 92 that says "Test Access Panle, Do not
Remove"?  The cartridge, which can be easily removed, houses your ROM
software.  You can identify the version by looking at a sticker on the
cartridge. This sticker has a date code, and the later this code, the
later the rom version.  This number also appears on the serial no. label
on the back of the 92.

TI however, has said nothing about this other than if you have a problem,
send it to us and we will see if we can doo something about it.

A while back I heard something about two guys that were attempting to
hack this cartridge.  Doews anyone know what resulted from their
experimentation?

Levi G. Masterson

<pre>
|   |||     ||||||  || R ||  |||||||   |
|   |||     |||     || S ||    |||     |
|   |||     |||||   \| S |/    |||     |
|   |||     |||      \| |/     |||     |
|   M   A   S   T   E   R   S   O   N  |
|  "If we spent less time doing        |
|    homework and writing term and     |
|    research  papers and spent more   |
|    time learning, everyone would     |
|    have the I.Q. of Einstein"        |
|           *+/levi@flash.net\+*       |
|           *+\levi@juno.com /+*       |
</pre>