Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

Goatchild, in case you haven't been in the computer industry for very
long, there is a thing that we call RAM, (Random Access Memory), that
used to cost well above $50 a MB (megabyte).  An average PC's HDD (Hard Disk
Drive) has a 14ms (millisecond) access time, RAM, like is in the calculator,
usually runs about 70ns (nanoseconds).  BIG
difference.  It's not that you can just shove a processor in calculators
and make them run, you have to build around it.  And to put a 126x63 (if
my memory serves me right), program the math functions, and make it fit
in the palm of your hand, I think is pretty damn good for your money.
Remember, it's just a calculator, personally, I see very, very little
purpose for color.  If you want to try to build your own bigger, better,
faster, stronger calculator, go ahead, just don't complain to the rest of
us about it.