Re: Fargo release ...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fargo release ...

At 03:05 AM 11/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>well everyone got what they wanted.  fargo is out, and ( surprise ) it
>still has a lot of bugs in it.  and people are going to bombard this
>mailing list with questions and problems which very, very few people will
>be able to answer.  yes, it might freeze your 92, or do something else
>unexpected, but don't forget.  this is what you all wanted ... right? a
>half done shell, which will, for the most part, be only used for games,
>which definitely could have waited for a final, more bug free version of
>Fargo before being released.  after all of the hours that david and company
>put into this project, you have to go and spread a half done version of his
>work.  for all those of you who have been bitching about getting fargo out
>- how many of you have been to college?  how many of you know how much time
>it takes, and how much your priorities change, and how much work you have
>to do? - if you haven't YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DEMAND THE RELEASE OF THE
>PROGRAM. NO RIGHT TO RELEASE THE PROGRAM. AND NO RIGHT TO BITCH IF IT
>DOESN'T WORK RIGHT.
>
>if david had other priorities, it was HIS prerogative, and HIS program.
>and you all should have been able to wait.
>
>that's all folks
>
>jj
>
>oh ya - in the "release" documentation, it requests that no one post fargo
>on any web page or ftp site.  hopefully all of TI-92 web page owners can
>respect this request.

I have to say, I completely agree.  Maybe its because I already have a beta
of Fargo, I don't know.  What the person/people that posted fargo did, was
wrong.  Its like begging Lotus or Microsoft to release a program to you,
telling you not to post it, and then doing it anywayz.  But, even though it
is wrong, people are still going to do it.  Ellsworth and the others, being
the sole developers of Fargo, had requested that you don't post it, but of
course, no one could wait, so now all you have to show for it is a buggy,
half-finished shell, cause all TI Lists to backed up with way to many
questions.
Well, congratulations whoever
Matt Zilli

              _______